Jan 8, 2009

Back to real life again

Yep, I'm noticing the post-Christmas letdown. Now I have to go back to my "real" life again. Which is weird because I swear the only difference during the holidays was that Zoe didnt have school. Still, December just has a different feel, and now its gone. *sigh*
Well, I made resolutions again this year, I focused on keeping them realistic and achievable. Previous years resolutions have always been forgotten or given up on by about Valentines Day, so this year I am keeping it simple:
1. Every dollar, on paper, on purpose. (that means I have to stick to my budget - something that will be a new habit for me)
2. Count to ten. (If I cant control my temper, then a least I should delay it a little, right?) And finally,
3. Ten Crunches a day, every day. (ok, this is the doosey - every year I say something like "I'm going to get physically fit this year" or "I'm going to lose 40 pounds by Thanksgiving" HA! Ya, obviously thats been working for me! So, ten crunches a day, easy. Keeps me from feeling overwhelmed and giving it up. And when I feel like that little bit is not going to do me one bit of good, then I can say to myself "As of today you have done 80 crunches, which is about 70 more than you did all of last year combined! YES!!") Hopefully I'm as good at outsmarting myself as I think I am... HA HA!

So I havent been blogging much at all lately, mostly cuz I like to add pictures, and my stupid camera has been broken. Its in the shop now, so I'll be getting it back soon, but I've really missed having it, especially at Christmas, and While Finn is changing so much all the time! Aaargh! Soon though, soon.

2 comments:

Ginger Christensen said...

Haha! At least you made new year's resolutions! I figured why even bother, I usually never follow through with them anyway. Good luck with yours though! That sucks that your camera is broken. I mean at least it's being fixed, but hopefully it will be back in your hands really soon!

Jen said...

I agree, I don't like the post Christmas let down either, although I have to admit the end of the Christmas season is always a little bit of a relief. Good luck with your camera - I look forward to seeing pics of little Finn soon!