Aug 16, 2008

Was today a GORGEOUS day, or WHAT?

Oh my goodness, I was right. Its fall already. My favorite season! I just love days like these, where its just starting to get cooler outside and the air feels fresh, you can sense change. We went for a ride up the canyon today, just for the sake of being out of the house. And we pulled out the ice-cream maker. I know that seems like more of a hot day thing to do, but it felt like we should be celebrating something, with the weather as gorgeous as it was. I think we had planned to do a whole list of chores and such, but most of them were forgotten by the time we realized that it wasn't going to hit three-hundred-fifty-billion degrees outside today! But what a trade-off! I could have sworn we were in southern California! Yes, I realize it will be three-hundred-fifty-billion degrees all next week (and possibly even next month) - but don't go bursting my bubble. ;)

I just got done folding all the laundry. Yes, for those of you who have seen my pile(s), ALL the laundry is done! I had help, of course, we all know I'm helplessly co-dependant - but at least I stuck with it all day and got it all finished! Now Brian wont have to hunt for something for he and the kids to wear while I'm gone next week. (He probably wont know what to do with all that spare time he previously spent searching for socks and panties - ha ha!) Speaking of my little trip next week, I'm starting to get a little nervous... I'll be surrounded by nurses and dietitians (and its pretty obvious that I am neither of those) and even though I've been studying the text, I'll still be completely out of my element in this setting! Aaack! I'm hoping this course will set me in the right direction to get a job in the field (or even a volunteer position), if not at least help me become more familiar with all these hoops I have yet to jump through to sit for the IBCLC exam. In the meantime, it should be fun(ish), a nice little break from the day-to-day before we add another kiddo to our family. I'll get plenty of that thing that is so scarce around here lately - alone time. So hopefully my course wont be so intense that I cant enjoy it!

No comments: