Jun 5, 2008

Oh, the frustration!

I know, I was going to post those pictures two days ago - but I got distracted - to say the least. We called a plumber because we have a tiny drip coming down from the bathroom onto the washer. We have a home warranty, so they sent a plumber of their choice out - and the guy ended up being totally incompetent. He ripped up the toilet, then basically said,  "oops, that wasn't it." then he did a bunch of other "tests" (which consisted of him running water from various faucets while his little sidekick sat downstairs and watched the water drip) -to try to find out where the leak was coming from. This was weird, because I'm certain I told him I thought it might be coming from under the tub. The side of our tub looks like it comes off too, but he never bothered to take it off and look underneath. So, after about three hours, he reset the toilet, said he couldn't find the leak and he would have to do "more extensive diagnostic testing" which apparently includes drilling holes in my walls. (which is also weird, since most of the pipes are totally exposed in the ceiling of the basement - but whatever). Then he wrote up a bill for the the warranty company (and myself - because of the deductible) to pay for a diagnostic fee, which ironically, was exactly the $185.00 he quoted me for fixing the wax seal on the toilet -if that was the source of the leak (which it wasn't). So, it's still leaking, and I have told them I cant pay a diagnostic fee for something that hasn't even been diagnosed! (I know, I'm so unreasonable!!) Anyway, long story, but I have come the the conclusion that I HATE plumbers.

No comments: